Friday, March 21, 2003

Peach sponged walls surround me,
As I sit in a smal pateccerie..
A small table, no one else in the place,
I have a pot of pear/caramel tea and this piece of paper,
In the air Jazz softly playing..
The insanity of the world is far away,
The pain inside me is somewhat subdued,
Am I dying?
Who cares?
THe woman who served me the tea,
looks like she is from western Europe,
she is around 60 years old and looks older in her face,
She wears a scarf on her head and an old sweater whos best years have past.
SHe looks as if she has seen all of the worlds insanity,
experienced it,
Tasted it,
and now serves tea,
and is happy.
Far from her past and pain,
We can have no idea what she has gone thru,
What her pain has been,
I bet she smiles and laughs to herself,
when people complain about how expensive the Cappucino is,
or How bad the traffic is and,
How much their jobs suck.
They have no idea.
As I paid the bill I said
"Beautiful day today isn't it?"
She said,
"Yes it is."
We smiled and I went back into the insanity and pain.