Monday, August 02, 2004

The blue moon rises, shining an eerie light onto the lake,
What magic does this moon hold?
Why does it affect us so?
Two full moons in one month seems to me, not so special,
Yet hundreds of songs are sung to it,
Hundreds of poems written for it,
I sit here now writing about this blue moon?
Why?
Because something that happens only occaisionally thrills us,
Takes us out of the routine dullness of our lives,
Makes us think that today can be special,
different,
Unique,
"Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own."
The blue moon signifiers loneliness,
Madness,
or as I see it, Hope.
That things as rare as once in a blue blue moon really can happen,
And often!
Blue moons are not really that rare
As the blue moon sets,
A new day begins,
One with so many posibilities,
Dreams can come true
,
Once the moons been blue.